10/13/2008

Great Steak at Wolfgang's Steakhouse


You know the food must be great when, once the food arrives at the table, there is a long silence that continues until someone exclaims "D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S". Twice I've been to Wolfgang's Steakhouse, and both times that is what occurred. The Porterhouse is the reason to go. They dry age the beef themselves and cook the steak in extreme temperatures. The result is a mouth watering flavor I have yet to taste anywhere else in the city.

Wolfgang's looks and feels like a New York Steakhouse. Located in the heart of Beverly Hills, this is the third branch, the first originating in Manhattan. It might remind you of Peter Luger's, and for good reason: Wolfgang Zwiener was the head waiter there for many decades.

Servings are ginormous, the steak for 2 ($87.90)can serve 2-4 people. We had creamed spinach, sauteed mushrooms and shared a piece of delicious cheese cake for dessert.

The name of the restaurant might sound familiar. Don't confuse it with CUT, Wolfgang Puck's restaurant or Spago just down the street. In fact earlier this year Puck's company tried to get Zweiner to change the name, claiming that (according to Reuters) Wolfgang's Steakhouse "created confusion in the public's mind regarding the affiliation of "WOLFGANG'S STEAKHOUSE" and Wolfgang Puck".

I still have yet to to try the steak at CUT, yet until I do, Wolfgang's Steakhouse has the best steak in Los Angeles in my book.

Wolfgang's Steakhouse By Wolfgang Zwiener on Urbanspoon

6 comments:

Esteban said...

Really? I didn't know about the Peter Luger's connection--makes sense though because the way the steak is served looks almost identical...minus the shady area in Brooklyn and creepy finance-type clientele.

Alli & Win said...

Yeah. Excellent service too, also makes sense because Wolfgang was the head waiter.

Cynthia said...

Oh my goodness, you make me want to eat a steak right now.

Anonymous said...

Finally, I can eat a steak here and not say to my friends, "This is nice, but it's not New York." They (and I) am grateful.

Anonymous said...

This place was great - on your recommendation - so can you suggest a really romantic place where I can propose to my gf? Marty

Alli & Win said...

Marty: Email me at yum@alli411.com and we can discuss some details for a place to propose. I'd like to know some of her food preferences and a little about her to make some suggestions.