11/30/2008

Petros in Manhattan Beach


I love when my friends bring me to their favorite neighborhood restaurants. What a treat and honor it is, as if I am being introduced to a friend of theirs. This is how I arrived at Petros in Manhattan Beach. The authentic Greek fare is light, like I remember having in Greece, including the Fried Calamari served with the zesty lemon, garlic sauce drizzled over it.


The Spanakopita was crescent shaped with one side revealing many dense layers of phyllo, feta, spinach and green onions, an attractive presentation.


I was hesitant to order the Horiatiki Flatbread Pizza. It didn't sound great. I didn't think the flatbread would be appealing. It surprised me. The homemade crispy dough was not flat at all; it was light and airy. Vine ripe tomatoes topped it along with olives, avocado, onions, capers, oregano, feta and olive oil. I'm still thinking about that vegetarian pizza. Isn't is beautiful? This is a place I'll be returning to.

Petros
451 Manhattan Beach Blvd
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
310.545. 4100

Petros on Urbanspoon

No comments: