12/03/2008

Galanga Thai Fusion


Love, love, love this little neighborhood find in West Hollywood. From the street there is a window showing people working away in the kitchen. Inside the cozy restaurant are locals and smiling, friendly staff. Ever since I discovered it I've been back 3 times, funny how I do that. The thing is, almost every time I order the same dishes. Once I find a dish I love, I find it hard to deviate.

I always start with Rotee: fresh Thai tortillas lightly grilled with butter, served with green curry sauce. Just like chips, it is hard to stop eating them.



The first time I went there I had the Satae Chicken served with peanut sauce. Yummy peanut sauce but the chicken was a bit dry.

The Chili Lime Fish, steamed fish with chili, garlic, and lime juice is served over a bed of fresh spinach. The fish is light, sweet and so tasty. The sauce drips onto the spinach making the vegetable taste so sweet, even my husband (who is not a huge fan of vegetables) will eat a few bites. The sweet coconut rice served with the fish perfectly rounds off the meal.

The price is right too. We share the meal for under $25.

Galanga Thai Fusion
7740 Santa Monica Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90046
323. 851. 4355

Galanga Thai Fusion on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that place! Seems like everyone who lives in WeHo is a fan.