7/06/2009

Going Ape for Cake Monkey Bakery


Inside the box that looked like a birthday present, I found a treasure of sweet treats from Cake Monkey. Each were so beautifully packaged individually, it was almost a shame to touch them.

I shared my treats with my husband and a couple of friends. Everyone (including me) loved them. Cake Monkey treats remind me of the Hostess treats I loved as a kid, only these are higher quality, made of pure ingredients, with no preservatives.

My faves:

Yo-hos:
Yodel and Ho-ho Fans Unite! Chocolate Cake rolled up with Vanilla Cream, Coated with Bittersweet Chocolate. Serve with a glass of milk! $3.00

Cake Monkey Moguls: For all you Snowball fans! Vanilla Cake with home- made Caramel Filling, Marshmallow Frosting and Toasted Coconut. $2.50

Black & White Cakewich: Chocolate Cake Sandwich filled with Vanilla Cream, Valrhona Crunchy Pearls and coated in Bittersweet Chocolate. $3.50

'Nuff Said: Chocolate Crumble Cookie with Housemade Marshmallow, Dark Chocolate, Pecans, Caramel and Sea Salt. $3.00

I've also had them at my favorite hamburger joint, Umami Burger on La Brea, and Intelligentsia Coffee in Venice. The best way to get them is to order them directly through their website or on the phone and get a beautiful box delivered (they don't have a store front). Next time instead of sending flowers, I'm sending a Cake Monkey box.

Cake Monkey
www.cakemonkey.com
877.640.CAKE (2253)

Found this article useful? Mention Alli411 in your post, subscribe to our feed, link to us, or bookmark this site. Thanks for your support!

By the way, I'm back from my vacation and posting again. I missed you peeps.

12 comments:

gourmetpigs said...

Oh I do love cake monkey! Next time we need to get a box of the real cakes and split them (since it's a minimum order of 9 cakes ...). Interested? :)

Alli & Win said...

Great idea. Let's split the box next time. I must say, I was surprised how reasonably priced the box was.

once bitten, twice crushed said...

did i miss you bday? if so FELIX CUMPLEAÑOS! i too love umami burger (more like YUMami)...

Alli & Win said...

J: We celebrated my birthday in Espana. That day we went to a farmers market that has been going strong since the 1500's and then to a chocolate museum. Unforgettable.

Win and Alli said...

Oh, those Yohos are lovely.

Alli & Win said...

Oh yeah!

Food, she thought. said...

I love the Yo-Hops and the Red Velvet cakes. We buy them at Silverlake Wine.

Alli & Win said...

FST: Wine and sugar, yum! It appears that Cake Monkey has a huge following.

V said...

Also their Lil' Merries I think? Or oatmeal cream pies... they are soo good. Def. a favorite :)

Alli & Win said...

V: Yummy, yummy. There's a few more I have to try.

Anonymous said...

The Nuff Said cookie if anyone hasn't tried it yet is truly amazing - nuff said!

Alli & Win said...

Oh yeah! The 'Nuff Said is quite spectacular, especially after an Umami burger.