9/11/2008

LA BBQ Fest This Weekend



Summer isn't over yet. And nothing says summer like BBQ. This weekend I'm going to be heading down to the Santa Monica Pier for the Los Angeles BBQ Festival. There will be authentic 'cue straight from Texas, Missouri and Mississippi. Local BBQ from Gus', Mr. Cecil's California Ribs, Pareise Pit BBQ, and Bristol Farms. Entertainment and live music too. Tickets are $10. Festival hours: Sat and Sun 12-6pm.

The pier is celebrating it's 100th anniversary this year. I've been going to the pier since I was a kid. I have fond memories of riding the carousel, dinners at Moby's Dock with my grandparents, parents and sisters, and memories of hearing stories from my grandparents about how they would go to dances when they were teenagers at the pier. The pier is still a great place to make memories. And I'll be there this weekend.

No comments: