3/18/2009

Cook's Library Closing

Food lovers:

The Cook's Library will be closing on April 30th. I'm so sad about this. The Cook's Library is such an amazing store. It's my local source for cookbooks, biographies and foodie news. Win and I just were in last month to buy cheese and yogurt making books. The staff are so friendly and there usually are delicious treats to sample. And then there's book signings, the bulletin board...

I called up The Cook's Library to see what was happening. I spoke with Alan and Tim. They confirmed the closing and mentioned the state of the economy and the fact that people are buying their books online as reasons for closing. Read more about it at the LA Times blog.

I asked them if there was anything that could be done to save it. No one has stepped up and they are pretty set on April 30th as being the final date.

The Cook's Library has been part of our community for so many years. It's the only book store for cooks in Los Angeles and one of the few in the country. I hate to see them close.

Found this article useful? Mention Alli411 in your post, subscribe to our feed, link to us, or bookmark this site. Thanks for your support!

The Cook's Library
8373 W. Third Street
Los Angeles, CA 90048
(323) 655-3141

No comments: