April at Modern Foodie was wondering what to make for dessert. I suggested Avocado Chocolate Mousse. I know, it sounds really wierd, avocado chocolate mousse, but the final product has the consistency and taste of dark chocolate mousse.
It's a super easy recipe that tastes great! The fun part about the dish is asking your guests to guess the main ingredient. I've never had anyone guess avocados. So here's the recipe I adapted from Renee Loux' Chocolate of the Gods Mousse.
Yields: 4-6 servings
• 2 cups very ripe Hass avocados
• ½ cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup
• 2 tablespoons organic sugar
• 2 tablespoons Omega Nutrition coconut oil
• 1 teaspoon (really) good balsamic vinegar- omit this if it's not the good stuff
• 1 cup pure cocoa powder
In the Cuisinart, mix all the ingredients together. Chill and serve with whipped cream on top. This can be made up to one week ahead of time and kept in the freezer.
Found this article useful? Mention Alli411 in your post, subscribe to our feed, link to us, or bookmark this site. Thanks for your support!