12/25/2009

Alli411 Hot for Hot Toddies



I had my first Hot Toddy at a restaurant a few weeks ago; I was quite impressed. Hot Toddies taste like the holidays, warm your insides, and can soothe a cold. I created my own recipe using the Hot Toddy recipe from epicurious.com as a base. I've served them a few times at holiday parties with much success. Enjoy.

Hot Toddy Recipe

4 Tablespoons Kentucky Bourbon (Or Scotch, Rum, Brandy... depending on your preference)
2 Tablespoons Honey (Bee Raw- Florida Orange Blossom)
1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
2 Tablespoons Fresh Orange Juice
A Pinch of Cinnamon
A Pinch of Ground Cloves
1/2 Cup Hot Water

Makes 1 serving. While water is heating, line up all the mugs you wish to fill. Start by putting a pinch of cinnamon and cloves in each, then add the hot water. Squeeze lemons and oranges into the cups, add the honey. Finish with a little bourbon. Taste and adjust to ingredients to suit your taste buds.

The mug on the left (with the chip) was great for my Hot Toddy. FYI the glass on the right had a fine ginger liquor. You can imagine the headache I had the next morning from mixing my drinks...

Found this article useful? Mention Alli411 in your post, subscribe to our feed, link to us, or bookmark this site. Thanks for your support!

No comments: