2/06/2009

Low Key Gnocchi at Pastina on Westwood Blvd.


The Fettuccine Alla Francescana caught my eye. It had Porcini mushrooms and peas in a light creamy sauce. My memory transported me to the meal I'd had at Sportello, Barbara Lynch's Italian restaurant in Boston. I wondered if the chef at Pastina would be open to making the dish with gnocchi instead of fettuccine.

Score! I had a huge plate of Gnocchi Alla Franacescana for dinner, with chunky sized, handmade gnocchi. It hit the spot and I was satisfied. The portion was so large I took it home and had it for dinner the following night too.

If you are really observant you will notice something odd in the picture. Care to guess?

Found this article useful? Mention Alli411 in your post, subscribe to our feed, link to us, or bookmark this site. Thanks for your support!

Pastina
2260 Westwood Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90064
(310) 441-4655

Pastina on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Win and Alli said...

I think I can spot the oddity.