5/18/2009

90210 Lunch Scene at Villa Blanca on Brighton and Camden


Lunchtime in Beverly Hills, and I could practically hear the buzzing coming from Villa Blanca, a major scene just two weeks after its opening. Located on the corner of Brighton and Camden, Villa Blanca has major sidewalk real estate for one to be seen dining al fresco.

I walk through the Camden entrance, literally stepping over a white, show poodle lying on her side, as if she were posing for the cover of Doggie Vogue. (Snap! Another missed photo op.) Inside everything is dripping in The Housewives of Orange County white, a little too too for my taste.


I was annoyed having to wait about 10 mi for a table when I'd already made an advanced reso via Open Table. When I asked the host about this he told me that they are going to stop taking resos because they are just too crowded (a nice problem to have in this economy). He also said to me and my cousin, two times nonetheless, that the only way someone will be able to reserve a table will be if they sleep with him. He acted as if he thought he was being cute. My cousin and I thought otherwise.

The Chopped Salad with chicken, corn, tomatoes, avocado, hard boiled egg and blue cheese was excellent and perfectly dressed. The Prosciutto and Fig Pizza was fine, not great. The Tuna Tartar was also good.

I parked my car at the 9601 Wilshire lot (entrance on Brighton), just a block away from Villa Blanca. There's a company in the parking garage that offer parking validations with the purchase of a hand car wash. I'd been meaning to get my car washed anyway. 

Found this article useful? Mention Alli411 in your post, subscribe to our feed, link to us, or bookmark this site. Thanks for your support!

Villa Blanca
9601 Brighton Way
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
(310) 859-7600

Villa Blanca on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Dining on Deals said...

I've been meaning to try out their happy hour. Although the odds that it gets less scene-y at night are slim...oh well - at least they do a good salad!