5/01/2009

Grilled Cheese and Nickel Diner Sweeties


Last weekend (as many of you twitterers know) Win and I went to the Grilled Cheese Invitational. To our disappointment, the admission line was ridiculously long, longer than the most popular ride at Disneyland. Yikes! We were too hungry to wait.

Hankering for some grilled cheese, we headed over to Nickel Diner downtown on Main Street and split a Big Time Cheddar with onion rings ($9.50), and Stuffed Avocado with Quinoa Salad ($8.50), all satisfying. After the couple with the screaming baby left, Nickel Diner proved reliable and delightful.


The main attraction came after lunch. We shared a Ding Dong ($2.75) that kept on getting better with every bite. I took a peek in back and they let me snap a couple of photos of a tray they had just frosted. The chocolate and creamy goodness of these little babies will take me back to Nickel Diner again soon. Too bad I don't live closer. As I write this I'm thinking that Ding Dongs would make a satisfying breakfast right around now.



Nickel Diner
524 South Main Street
Los Angeles, CA 90013
(213) 623-8301

Found this article useful? Mention Alli411 in your post, subscribe to our feed, link to us, or bookmark this site. Thanks for your support!

1 comment:

Win and Alli said...

Mmmm ... Ding Dongs!