9/22/2008

Church & State Opens Today

Restaurateur Steven Arroyo of Cobras & Matadors, Malo and 750 ml adds a french cafe to the list. Church & State opens today, downtown in the southern arts district. The casual spot will feature frenchy brasserie food.

Brasseries have been in vogue for over a year now. We have some great ones too: Anisette in Santa Monica, The Hall in West Hollywood. Thomas Keller will be opening up Bouchon in Beverly Hills in 2009, that will be fab!

I'm not a huge fan of Cobras & Matadors' food. Having lived in Spain, Cobras' tapas are a bit too Americanized for me. I do like the casual vibe of his restaurants though, and many people seem to like his restaurants. If you happen to go there, drop me a line and let me know how it is.

1850 Industrial Street
Los Angeles, CA 90021

No comments: