11/03/2009

Fish Shack Bling: BP Oysterette in Santa Monica





BP Oysterette on Ocean Ave in Santa Monica reminds me of the fish shacks I love in New England,a few notches more upscale with valet parking. Since BP Oysterette doesn't take resos, call ahead and see what the wait is like before you go. That's what I did, on and off for a couple of weeks. I called to see if there was a wait and finally went only when it was empty (I refuse to wait in line).




The bar is the place to sit, even better when sipping Watermelon Sake. You can see all of the action happening there, and by that I mean food action (thankfully no cheesy bar scene at BP Oysterette).




BP Oysterette got packed pretty quick.




Today's Ceviche tasted better than the presentation.




Grilled Artichoke with Old Bay Aioli looked better than it tasted.




Linguini with Clams, whole, fat littlenecks in a red sauce. Hit the spot.





So much to choose from. Next time I'm doing it up with oysters and a Lobster Roll.




Found this article useful? Mention Alli411 in your post, subscribe to our feed, link to us, or bookmark this site. Thanks for your support!

BP Oysterette

1355 Ocean Ave
Santa Monica, CA 90401

(310) 576-3474


Blue Plate Oysterette on Urbanspoon

No comments: