2/25/2009

Grandma's Wood Ranch BBQ & Grill


My grandparents love Wood Ranch BBQ & Grill. They go there regularly. Most portions are large so they order one portion and share it. My grandmother likes the Kansas City Strip. My grandfather likes the side of mushrooms. Uncle Ted wanted to share a plate of the Beef Ribs with me. "Sure", I said.

A couple orders of Fresh Guacamole, Salsa and Chips came to the table as if by magic. My grandfather must have ordered them. He loves there to be plenty of food for the table. The guacamole was fresh, the chips were light and crisp. It was the best part of the meal.

As I sat waiting for lunch, my mind got to thinking about ribs. It had been a long time since I had them. "When was the last time I had ribs", I wondered to myself. I don't know where I was. Then I started remembering the ribs my mom used to make when I was a kid. They didn't have any BBQ sauce on them; they didn't need it. I remember the meat on the large, beef ribs being so tender. When I sinked my teeth into them, the luscious beef just fell off the bone. Damn, they were good.

The ribs at Wood Ranch BBQ & Grill weren't like the ones mom used to make. The only thing they had in common was their size, really large. It stops there with the similarities. They tasted fine, a little tougher than I would have preferred. Still, I finished both ribs and could have eaten another. I passed on all the sides except the mac and cheese. It also wasn't bad.

And then there was Win's lunch. As you can see from the picture, the presentation left a little to be desired. Do ya think they could have added a little garnish? Or at least put it on a smaller plate. The steak was also too peppery for his taste.


All in all the meal was average. I'm sure there are plenty of better places for ribs. It was convenient, the service was fine, and the noise level was low enough so that every one could talk. It was a fun afternoon and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

Found this article useful? Mention Alli411 in your post, subscribe to our feed, link to us, or bookmark this site. Thanks for your support!

Alli411 Tip:

1. Valet parking is in front, so no need to park in the lot.

Wood Ranch BBQ & Grill
189 The Grove Dr
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(323) 937-6800

Wood Ranch BBQ & Grill on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Right Way to Eat said...

Wow, the burger looked not bad at all. For some reason I thought it was going to be different. Thanks Alli! I might need to check it out now.