5/12/2009

The Closest You Can Get to Spain's Ferran Adria and El Bulli in Los Angeles


My mind is already vacationing in Spain. I'm flying into Madrid and touring the country with my fabulous husband. We're having a grand time visiting the sites, tasting some of our favorite foods, Spanish cuisine and molecular gastronomy, at the some of the best restaurants in the world.

Like I said, my mind is there. I can see it clearly in my mind's eye. Problem is, my feet and the rest of my body are sitting slouched in front of a computer in Los Angeles, CA. Si, es verdad.

We'll get there soon, we really will. Until then, we have The Bazaar by Jose Andres at the SLS Hotel on La Cienega to get both authentic Spanish cuisine and molecular gastronomy from Ferran Adria's protege.

Sunday night was my third time at The Bazaar by Jose Andres. We had a great meal with Antonietta and Javier. The Chef's Tasting Menu ($65) was divine. I'm not going to go into too much detail of the deliciousness that we experienced. You can read about it here. And see a video of the master Ferran Adria here. I must mention though, that I drank elBulli's beer at The Bazaar by Jose Andres. It came in a big bottle, the size of a bottle of wine. I had no problem drinking it all by myself.

Found this article useful? Mention Alli411 in your post, subscribe to our feed, link to us, or bookmark this site. Thanks for your support!

The Bazaar by Jose Andres at SLS Hotel
465 S La Cienega Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90048
310. 246. 5555

No comments: