5/23/2009

El Amor en Madrid



Madrid is one of my favorite cities in the world. I used to live here awhile back and it hasn't changed much since then. I love the food, the people, the architecture, the culture. There's nowhere I'd rather be than with my husband walking around Madrid. It is so romantic here, the perfect place for the start of a honeymoon. Oh, and did I mention that's what we're doing, honeymooning. :)

Our first night's dinner was room service at the Hotel Santo Mauro: a cheese platter with a Chevre, Parmesan, Manchegos, and a quince like cube a denser than jello, yet similar. The things in the middle are called Picos (peaks, like peaks of egg whites, or mountains). Picos are baked crackers, much like croutons. Come to think of it, Picos are more like those little crackers you put in clam chowder.



Breakfast at the hotel was a beautiful fruit plate. I love the presentation. My future lunch/ dinner guests will probably get fruit served this way at my house. Oh and the oranges in Spain are so sweet.



Found this article useful? Mention Alli411 in your post, subscribe to our feed, link to us, or bookmark this site. Thanks for your support!

Hotel AC Santo Mauro
Zurbano, 36
28010 Madrid
91.319.6900

No comments: